I want to start this post by saying “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” to Dallas over at Hoss’ Loaded Burgers! Hope you have a sellout busy birthday!!! I’ll bring you a cupcake next time I see ya!
There are over a dozen food trucks out between 11 AM and 2 PM on this hot Friday!!!!! The temperature is supposed to reach over 100, but that doesn’t mean that the trucks are staying in!
Today from 11 – 1 at FiftyForward in Donelson (108 Donelson Pike, corner of Donelson/Lebanon), there will be SEVEN trucks! SEVEN!!! The Bean & Tater, Blue Monkey Shaved Ice, Dixie Belle’s Cupcakes, Jonbalaya, The Latin Wagon, Music City Cravings, and Sum Yum Yum!!! I’m going to be there today. I’m planning to try a whole buncha trucks today! I’ve never had The Bean & Tater, Blue Monkey Shaved Ice, or The Latin Wagon. Music City Cravings is introducing a new pizza today, “BeefLT.” I know that Ric has had the meat on the smoker all night long, so you know it’s gonna be awesome! I still have not had the Beef Banh Mi from Sum Yum Yum and I have been hearing AMAZING things about Jonbalaya’s Prime Rib Po’ Boys! And Tammy with Dixie Belle’s is always rotating her cupcakes so there is always a flavor I haven’t tried yet!
There has been a lot of buzz around Bean & Tater so I’m really excited to give them a try today! Plus, I love squash casserole and fried chicken and those are 2 of the items on their menu. I have high hopes of trying a bunch today. Hopefully, Jim can make it to lunch with me. If he’s there, I can try bunches of things.
But elsewhere in Nashville, the trucks are going crazy for the hot weather!!!!
- From 11 AM to 1:30 PM, Just Like Nannie Fixed It will be in from of the News Channel 5 Studio on James Robertson.
- From 11 AM to 1:30 PM, Hoss’ Loaded Burgers will be at Friedman’s Army/Navy on 21st Avenue. You can give a Birthday shout out to Dallas who turns 30 today!!
- From 11 AM to 2 PM, Biscuit Love, The Coffee Truck, Grilled Cheeserie, The Sugar Wagon, and Wrapper’s Delight will all be at the YWCA Friday Frenzy in Green Hills (1608 Woodmont).
- From 11 AM to 2 PM, Riff’s Truck will be at Centennial Medical Center.
- From 11 AM to 2 PM, DegThai will be at their weekly Friday location at Public Square in Downtown Nashville.
So as you can see, this heat is not deterring the trucks at all. So don’t you be afraid of the heat either! It takes as much time at lunch to drive through a drive thru as to stop at the trucks and get your food.
Also, just a reminder that tomorrow is the final Musician’s Corner of the summer at Centennial Park. The food trucks are going to be there starting at 11 AM through 6 PM. There is a TON of natural shade out at Centennial Park. So make sure to run out there and get some lunch and dinner! I am planning to go get “The Wash Park” from Biscuit Love!!
I’ll see you all at the trucks!!! What will you try today? I hope it is something new to you!